Atlantic Trust 9 Core Values Awards
Tuesday, March 1, 2011 11:30 am
Hyatt Regency Austin Hill Country Ballroom
The First Tee established Nine Core Values that represent some of the many inherently positive values connected with the game of golf. In the spirit of the 9 Core Values that we teach, The First Tee of Greater Austin will host its Third Annual 9 Core Values Awards presented by Atlantic Trust to honor Austinites who embody and exemplify the 9 Core Values which are the targeted outcome of its Life Skills Curriculum. The event will be hosted by Evan Smith of The Texas Tribune, with a Key Note address by Dallas Native, Golf Enthusiast, Actor & Philanthropist, Luke Wilson.
Event Chair Dan Matheson believes that the event brings to the forefront the mission of The First Tee. The values taught by example, repetition and reinforcement are the tools adults use to succeed in their personal and professional lives. The mandate presented to the committee was to nominate individuals who not only embody the 9 Core Values, but who do so quietly without lavish recognition and go about making a significant difference in their community.
2011 Award recipients:
- Confidence: Sylvia Acevedo, President & CEO, Communicard
- Courtesy: Carl Richie, Vice President, Government Affairs, TXU Energy
- Honesty: Max Sherman, Chair Emeritus, LBJ School of Public Affairs, UT Austin
- Integrity: Earl Maxwell, CEO, St. David’s Community Health Foundation
- Judgment: Francisco Cigarroa, MD, Chancellor, University of Texas System
- Leadership: Susan Dawson, President & Executive Director, E3 Alliance
- Perseverance: Larry Earvin, Ph.D, President, Huston-Tillotson University
- Respect: Rudy Green, Director of Institutional Compliance, The UT Austin
- Responsibility: Donna & Philip Berber, Founders, Glimmer of Hope Foundation
- Sportsmanship: Pat Weis, Retired, University of Texas
We hope that you will join us in honoring these deserving community leaders by purchasing a sponsorship or reserving your table for the Third Annual 9 Core Value Awards.